After 40 years operating Warkworth House as a Guest House, we have decided it is time to retire.
We'd like to say a big "thank you" to all our guests, many of whom stayed so regularly with us and all the different nationalities that we had the pleasure of meeting - we will certainly miss you.
A warm welcome awaits you at Warkworth House
A comfortable stay in our well furnished rooms
Where your comfort is our priority
Conveniently located in the centre of Cambridge
Warkworth House is a large victorian house in the heart of the city centre of Cambridge. We are situated near to Parker's Piece and are very close to the Historical city centre as well as the shopping centres of The Grand Arcade and The Grafton Centre.
The house was originally constructed in 1879 and so there is no access for wheelchairs. There are a number of steps to enter the house as well as to move around the house and so it is not suitable for persons with reduced mobility.
At Warkworth House we have six single ensuite rooms, one twin ensuite room, five double ensuite rooms and three family ensuite rooms.
The house is smoke free, pet free and free of feathers for those suffering from allergies.
To CONTACT Warkworth House:
Telephone: 00 44 1223 363682
Bus - we are situated within 150m of PARKSIDE bus depot where there are regular services to and from all the major airports and cities. Just depart the bus and walk down Warkworth Terrace and we are at the end of the street on the left - Train - Cambridge Rail Station is within 1km and is easily accessible via foot, bus or taxi. There is a taxi rank and bus station outside the rail station - a bus going to Drummer Street Bus Station (Citi 1 and Citi 3) will then give you a short walk (300m) along Parkside, left into Warkworth Terrace and we are at the end of the street. To walk from the rail station - walk 50m along Station Road, turn right into Tenison Road, walk to the end and then a right onto Mill Road. Walk for 300m past the swimming pool and Fire Station and turn right at the Police Station into Warkworth Terrace and we are at the end of the street on the left.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- On arrival you will be greeted by Mrs Collins.
- For those guests arriving by car, we do have limited car parking facilities. Please pull in on the yellow line outside the house to check in and unload luggage and advise Mrs Collins immediately on arrival that you require a car parking space. You only have 5 minutes to unload luggage. If there is a space in the residents parking bays (the white boxed area), you will be given a visitors parking permit and you will need to fill it in each day with your registration number and the relevant date. If there are no spaces in the residents parking bays, we do have some limited parking at the back of a house in an adjacent street and you will be given instructions by Mrs Collins.
- The nearest public Pay and Display car park is at Adam and Eve Street.
- At the front of the house - there is a light that lights from dusk to dawn.
- There is a reception area with bell and Mrs Collins lives on site so is available most of the time to deal with any queries or problems.
Main Entrance & Reception
- There are five large steps up to the front door and the front door is usually open during the day and locked at night. There is a bell outside the front door for guests arriving during the evening and there is a reception desk just inside the front door with a bell above the desk to contact staff. Mrs Collins lives on site so is available most of the time to assist with any questions or queries.
- There are additional keys available upon request.
- Upon arrival Mrs Collins will ensure that all guests are familiar with the property and are happy with the use of all services.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- The entrance hall on the ground floor gives access to rooms 1, 2 and 4, and both the main staircase to the first floor bedrooms (Nos. 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10) and the second floor staircase to the second floor bedroom No. 18, and the left hand staircase to first floor bedrooms (Nos 11, 12, 14, 15 and 16) and the staircase down to the lounge, dining room and public telephone.
- Flooring - all stairs and bedrooms are carpeted (except No. 4 room, which is polished original floorboards), the hall area on the ground floor is the original victorian polished wooden floor boards and the basement area is tiled.
- There is a public payphone in the basement that can also receive incoming calls.
Public Areas - WC
- There is a public WC on the ground floor beside the fire exit.
Restaurant/Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- There is a lounge for Guest's use, downstairs in the basement.
- The lounge has soft seating and also has a desk with a computer for Guest's use.
- There is also daily national newspapers available on the coffee table and also wireless broadband internet access is available as well as wired broadband internet access through the PC.
- The dining room is also in the basement where breakfast is served each morning.
- There is also a desk with information on local attractions and tourist information. Free maps are available from reception and are usually offered on arrival.
- The basement area is tiled in terracotta tiles.
- There is a guest laundry and detergent is provided
- Guests may use the garden at the rear of the property in the summer and may also store their bikes in the garden as it is a secure gated area. Bikes must always be locked and the Proprietors can accept no responsibility for the bikes. The garden can be accessed via the fire exit at the rear of the property on the ground floor. Your room key will also operate this door. There are five concrete steps down to the garden from the fire exit at the rear of the property. Guests can bring bikes into the garden by using the passage way at the side of the Guest House.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- Guests may use the lounge for informal meetings but should advise Mrs Collins prior to making any arrangements.
- All bedrooms are individually decorated.
- All bedrooms are carpeted except for No. 4 which has polished wooden floorboards.
- There are ensuite facilities in all rooms.
- Tea and coffee facilities are provided in all rooms.
- All rooms have flat screen with free view digital television.
- All beds are made with synthetic duvets and pillows. Non allergenic pillows are available on request from reception. There is an extra blanket in each room and also extra pillows. We provide a bath sheet and hand towel for each guest. All beds are made with freshly laundered cotton sheets and pillow cases.
- There is a wardrobe/hanging rail, chest of drawers and dressing table/desk in each room
- All rooms have a soft arm chair/upright chair, except No.9 and No.12 which have stools
- Single rooms have a standard single bed and one bedside cabinet and lamp, double rooms have a standard double bed with access from both sides and two bedside cabinets and two bedside lamps, family rooms have one double bed and two single beds with four bedside cabinets and four lamps (except No.8 which has three bedside cabinets and lamps).
- All bedrooms are lightly decorated in creams and whites.
- There is a folder in each room which provides further information about the house and details of emergency contacts including doctors and hospitals.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- There are ensuite facilities in all rooms consisting of a shower, wc and wash basin (except No.4 and No.6 which consist of a bath with overhead shower, wc and wash basin). A dual stream water system has recently been installed to provide constant hot and cold water thus ensuring a high pressured shower in every room at all times.
- There are shaving sockets and lights in all bathrooms and the flooring is non-slip linoleum.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
Touring Facilities (Holiday Parks)
Boats - Narrow Boat, Cruiser & Hotel Boat
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
Grounds and Gardens
- There is an integrated fire alarm system and upon hearing the alarm all guests must immediately vacate the house via the nearest exit and assemble outside the front of the house and await further instruction. Please advise us on arrival if you have a hearing or vision impairment and may need additional help. There are instructions on the back of each bedroom door to advise of the fire drill procedure
- There are fire extinguishers on each landing and in the basement area between the dining room and lounge. There are also fire break glasses on each landing and in the basement area which should only be broken in the event of a fire
- We do not permit smoking in the house but you may smoke in the garden, please request an ashtray
- We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us of any special requirements before arrival
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication. We can also refrigerate any perishables in our fridge for a limited period.
- Mr or Mrs Collins live on site however if they are out and you need to contact them in an emergency please call 00 44 7867 523592 at any time.
- Address: Warkworth House, Warkworth Terrace, Cambridge, CB1 1EE
- Telephone: +44 (0)1223 363682
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.warkworthhouse.co.uk
- Hours of operation:24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 355 days a year
- Emergency numbers:+44 (0)7867 523592
- Local public transport numbers:
- Local accessible taxi numbers:
- For in town trips - Panther Taxis 01223 715715
- For airport trips - A and M Taxis 01223 562824
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please phone 00 44 1223 363682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org